Let's hack homelessness. Compete for $1 million in cash prizes at GlobalHack VI.
GlobalHack VI will bring together developers, designers, technologists, and entrepreneurs from around the world to solve a single, massive civic technology problem centered around homelessness. Participants across youth, collegiate, and pro divisions will work in teams to solve this problem by building software solutions over the course of an entire weekend. $1 million in cash prizes will be awarded to the top teams, including $250,000 in follow-on funds that will be used to take the most promising prototypes generated at the event to market. GlobalHack VI will be held Friday, October 21 to Sunday, October 23, 2016, at Chaifetz Arena in St. Louis, MO, on the campus of Saint Louis University.
- 12:00 PM: Participant check-in begins
- 4:00 PM - 5:45 PM: Team Formation #1
- 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM: Opening Ceremony
- 7:30 PM: Friday Dinner
- 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM: Team Formation #2
- 8:00 PM - 9:00: Homelessness Agency Panel
- 10:00 PM: Participant Check-In Closes
- 1:00 AM: Team Check-In. Each team will need to create a profile on DevPost and add their team members by this time.
- 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM: Saturday Breakfast
- 12:00 PM: Saturday Lunch
- 6:00 PM: Saturday Dinner
- 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM: Sunday Morning Light Breakfast
- 9:00 AM: Pencils down, final projects must be submitted via DevPost
- 10:00 AM: Project Expo / Round 1 Judging Begins
- 11:30 AM - 2:00PM : Sunday Brunch
- 12:00 PM: Round 2 Judging Begins
- 1:30 PM: Project Expo / Judging Ends
- 2:00 - 4:00 PM: Closing Ceremony
- 4:00 PM: Event Closes, Participants Dismissed
Participants may enter in one of three divisions: Youth, College, and Pro. Teams must be between 2 and 8 members. No remote workers.
Please visit our website for the Official GlobalHack VI Rules.
How to enter
To register for GlobalHack VI, please visit our website.
User Experience / Design